Saturday, November 14, 2009

Help! My transplanted garden plants are in shock - what can I do to help them?

I just planted some nursery snapdragons, pansies and mullein in the garden. I "teased out" the roots as suggested, planted, then watered them. Now they are drooping over! What should I do? How often should they be watered?

Help! My transplanted garden plants are in shock - what can I do to help them?
They should perk up by morning. You can stake them to a stick if you have some to help them. Blocking the wind will help if its very windy.





Water daily the first 3 days, then every other day for the first two weeks.





Next time harden them off first by leaving the tray outside for a few hours every day and transplant them into your garden in the early morning and water immediately.





I suspect the place you bought them from either didn't harden them off or didn't keep them well watered.
Reply:water well if the soil is dry and give them a few days they might come out of it .

tags

No comments:

Post a Comment