Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can someone please help me? I'm a beginner gardener and I have a few questions:?

I'm new to gardening, but I have a about 12 flower beds with a couple here and there flower pots and other things. I really like gardening/growing flowers and plants, I have a few questions: Oh, and I live in zone 5, Ontario Canada.


1: After my potted fuschia's flowers fall off, there is this green stub, that turns into a burgandy berry type thing, can I plant it


somewhere else, and will it grow? And how?


2: I planted some Fireweed wildflowers in the bush. How much will they spread and when? They are invasive.


3: I bought some seed packets of Stocks, Larkspur, and Snapdragon, but they are all perannuals. When should I grow them next year? They are annual right? Thats what it says on the packet. And someone told me they wouldn't bloom at all.


4: I bought bulbs of Gladiolis, Lillies, and about 4 other flowers all coming up in mid to late summer. When should I plant them next spring.


5: What is are some good wildflower seeds I can buy, and what flowers are in it?


Thanks so much!

Can someone please help me? I'm a beginner gardener and I have a few questions:?
glads u plant when the frost is out of the ground, mid may for u. liliesdepending on the type get planted in fall and come up next yr. plant them 5 inches down. to no. 1 no, leave the berry on there are all types of daisies that are wildflowers,fire weed spreads in spring, so either dig up the new ones and share or else keep them mowed.
Reply:You can read about gardening here, hope you will be enlightened


No comments:

Post a Comment