Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Best Flowers For A Garden?

I live in Western Kentucky which is zone 6, I think. I have:





Dahlia


Cockscomb


Snapdragon


Columbine


Larkspur


3 Kinds Of Sweet Pea


Foxgolve


Bells Of Ireland


Caterbury Bells


Forget-Me-Nots


Sweet William


Starry Night Violas


Oreintal Poppies


Lupine


Blue Bearded Iris








I want perinnials and annuals that are pretty and will go in well with the plants I listed. I had calla lily bulbs but the rotted in the soil. My house calla lily is doing great but not blooming just alot of foliage. Any idea why? I also have 1 Freesia plant, the rest of the bulbs rotted too.

Best Flowers For A Garden?
I would try Shasta daisy and Blackeyed Susan to add some height. and check into Sedum, it comes in all different colors and heights ( for a great ground cover between plants)
Reply:you might try adding mini peonies,day lilies, smaller lrises,lupine now comes in many colours too and is about the height of a few things in your garden ....hope this was some help


No comments:

Post a Comment