Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Do I really need to sow my Larkspur and Snapdragon seeds?

Were making a nice big flower garden this year, and i just bought some larkspur and snapdragon seeds. It says i should sow them inside for 6-8 weeks before planting. But do i need to? I hope its not to late for them. Oh, and frosting is over here. there is no more frost. what should i do with these seeds?

Do I really need to sow my Larkspur and Snapdragon seeds?
There is absolutely no need to plant inside. Plant them now. It may be too late, but it's worth a try.
Reply:if you plant them inside they will grow a bit faster in their early stages and be safer from predators but there is no reason why you can't just sow them direct. It's certainly not too late for snapdragons but larkspur (delphinium) often does not flower its first year anyway, although it may.


No comments:

Post a Comment