Sunday, May 16, 2010

When to plant in zone 6??

HELP! I live in zone 6 and everyone says plant Memorial Day weekend, for seeds and seedlings. I tried that last year nothing I planted from seed grew except for some moon flower. I have good soil and watered regularly. Does anyone know when the earliest I can plant for better results? I hate to put in so much work and end up with empty flower beds as I have three very large ones, one complete sun and two sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon. I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm looking to plant delphinium (sp?), snapdragon, alyssum, salvia and the like.

When to plant in zone 6??
I live in Zone 6 and I am in Tenn. I also own a greenhouse business. I always tell people that Mother's Day is the time to plant with the danger of frost and/or freezes to be over. Even if you put delphiniums or snapdragons out now, then they may get a little bit, but will come out of it. Check with your local garden business. alyssum also likes it cool, but will not take a freeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment