Sunday, May 16, 2010

Do I need the whole root of my foxglove seedlings when I thin them out? They are way too thick!?

They are very spindly like a vine, when I pulled a section up there was not much root. They are about 2 inches high, and I am a first year gardener, so any tips on this or anything else about thinning would be great. I also planted cosmos, delphinium, larkspur, sweet pea(mammoth), snapdragons, canterbury bells....and four o'clocks as a border around the south side of my garden and caladium borders my other sides......When should i stake my tall flowers? Have a Q about my climbing roses but I'll save that for another time. Thanx in advance.

Do I need the whole root of my foxglove seedlings when I thin them out? They are way too thick!?
when you thin, are you trying to replant the one you plucked out? if you are then yes you need to get all the root.. soak the area and gently pull out of soil, replant immediately...


your garden sounds lovely and good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment