Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Snapdragon fertilizer recommendations?

Can someone please tell me what fertilizer number ratio to use for my snapdragons. You know, Nitrogen-Phosphate-Potash. I have been using water soluble Miracle Gro Bloom Booster flower food for all of my other flowers. It's ratio is 10-52-10. They are all doing super, but I have been unsure about using it on my snaps. Is it OK to use on them and if not, what should I use? I have never had so much difficulty in finding info on anything as with a recommended fertilizer for snaps. Just give me some numbers! Don't know if it matters, but I live in Pennsylvania.

Snapdragon fertilizer recommendations?
Yes go ahead %26amp; use it. It's formulated to promote more blooms by feeding through both the roots %26amp; leaves. Printed on the box :"It is guaranteed not to burn %26amp; is safe for all plants, when used as directed."





The recommendations for snaps are: " a general purpose fertilizer before planting if the soil is poor."http://www.gardenersnet.com/flower...


"Fertilize every 2 weeks with an all-purpose fertilizer for best growth. Keep the soil moderately moist."http://www.lavocatsnursery.com/Sn...





Since you probably don't know how fertile your soil is, why not use it? My neighbor uses it on her flowers %26amp; they're beautiful, so... I just bought some for my flowering plants, too. LOL :)


P.S. It says 1 Tablsp in a gallon of water, but I'm using 1 Tablsp in my 2 gallon watering can.
Reply:You're welcome! Glad to help. It'll be a treat for your plants. My hubby says:"You feed yourself, why not feed your plants." Good luck! Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment