Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm looking for a tree that is puple like the lilic, but looks like the snapdragon, reseeds as a pod. help?

I think the tree you are talking about is the Royal Paulownia or Empress tree. It is also sometimes called the Princess tree. They are a native of China. They grow very rapidly, which is why I planted mine. I have a lovely shade tree now, w/gorgeous purple snapdragon flowers that smell heavenly. The flowers appear before the leaves of the tree, which is vey unusual. My husband built a deck around the truck %26amp; I have some chairs, a table and my garden swing under it. I bought mine from an ad in the Sunday magazine section of the newspaper. I've seen them advertised recently. The only thing that may be a consideration for you is when the flowers fall to the ground it can be quite messy. Ditto for it's huge leaves in the fall. I found both things a small price to pay for such beauty. I've had mine 27 years and do not regret a moment.

I'm looking for a tree that is puple like the lilic, but looks like the snapdragon, reseeds as a pod. help?
maybe that would be a Jacaranda tree


No comments:

Post a Comment