Monday, May 11, 2009

When will my snapdragons bloom if i sow the seeds now?

i have a lot of snapdragon seeds from last year that i got from my snapdragons, they were the dwarf kinds.. and i have some seeds from the tall kind too. if i sow the seeds now, when will they bloom, if at all? advice? i live in zone 4/5/ ish ontario canada.

When will my snapdragons bloom if i sow the seeds now?
If I were you I wouldn't plant those seeds now. I would go buy some sets and plant those for this season and then in the late summer or very early fall I would sow my seeds from last year. All you really need to do is scratch them in a bit. Next year you should have a lovely early patch of snapdragons. If you plant them now they will hardly get a chance to bloom at all before the frost, but if they are in the ground next spring they will sprout as soon as they are able and you should have a nice showing. I always had volunteer seedlings in MN that would turn out beautifully.


No comments:

Post a Comment